Sunday, September 12, 2004

Rathergate Memos: Rove Plot?

Terry McAuliffe, Democratic National Committee Chairman, quoted from the Washington Times:
Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe today said neither his organization nor John Kerry´s campaign leaked to CBS documents questioning President Bush´s service record, which may have been forged.

He suggested White House adviser Karl Rove could be behind the documents. "I can unequivocally say that no one involved here at the Democratic National Committee had anything at all to do with any of those documents. If I were an aspiring young journalist, I think I would ask Karl Rove that question," Mr. McAuliffe said.

I have no idea who was the original source for the CBS memos, but if it was a Karl Rove plot; then he’s my nomination for Director of the CIA.

No comments: