Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I fart on your beard

Throughout the years I have developed a rudimentary knowledge of foreign languages – besides English. Mostly I know how to offend and make myself loathed and despised in about a dozen languages with great proficiency - while my basic vocabulary in any given language rarely reaches the 101 level.

So I was really thrilled when I watched this You Tube video and actually understood and recognized about a 30 of the non-swearing words without having to rely on the subtitles.


Now I can’t get the chorus out of my head.

H/T Israel Matzav

2 comments:

Michael said...

Completely enjoyable.
Thanks for posting.

T. F. Stern said...

One of the fun times I had while in the capacity of police officer was to walk in on a small group of young Nigerians. As soon as I did they stopped speaking English and began speaking their native tongue, their body language and facial expression along with a few misplaced giggles led me to believe they were going on about the police or something about my presence. I smiled and stood silent while one of them, emboldened by his belief that I knew nothing about their language started pointing and laughing as he spoke.

It was then that I greeted them in their tongue, flashed a huge smile and watched them tremble as they waited for some sort of retribution. Instead I explained that they showed a lack of manners and they should show more respect to their host country while they were exchange students here in the US. That was fun.