Tuesday, February 26, 2008

six unimportant things.

I have been tagged in this weird little meme: share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself, and since we are both called Kate, I will play along.

1. I like Bollywood movies. I know they are hokey but there is something endlessly appealing about watching bad guys really be bad and the good guys being really good.

2. I am a compulsive reader and must always be reading sometime. I have been known to read the yellow pages in desperation.

3. I rarely wear pants nor do I own a pair of jeans; although, I do have a pair of yoga pants.

4. I loathe panty-hose because they make me sweat and opt for nylons or stay-ups instead. I always start with the left leg first.

5. Even though I am short I do not wear high heels. I cannot stand for my feet to hurt. I figure, if I were to wear high heels I would not be fooling anyone and would still look like a short woman in high heels whose feet hurt.

6. I find myself inexplicitly drawn towards Hassidic Judaism though I doubt I would ever be able to put myself under the authority of a Rebbe. The idea of giving up control or authority over my life to a fellow human runs contrary to my nature.

7. Ever day of my life I fight a really bad case of wanderlust.

8. I don’t follow rules well.

Now I am suppose to tag 6 other vics. Here goes:

Shlemazl because he doesn’t follow rules well either.

Candace because she makes an effort to be reasonable and fair.

Ocean Guy because he’s got a sense of fun.

SnoopytheGoon because I figure he must have at least six quirky habits.

Publius because I cannot imagine him having six quirky habits.

Chris Taylor because he has now succumbed to not only Rock Bank, but Guitar Hero as well.

7 comments:

Chris Taylor said...

I think you are my brother (well, sister) from another mother.

I used to get reeled in by Bollywood flicks every weekend. Still do occasionally. They are a lot easier to take than the predictable garbage that comes out of Hollywood. The big song-and-dance numbers always make me laugh too.

I've seen a few that had some pretty extensive location shoots around the GTA, too. Casa Loma, TD Centre, the parking lot of Square One shopping centre... kind of hilarious to see Mississauga standing in for Bombay.

Anonymous said...

That was harder than I thought it would be.

K. Shoshana said...

Chris, those dance and song sequences crack me up too...Mississauga - Bombay - who knew????

Well Chris, at least if you were my older brother from another mother - I wouldn't be the pariah that I represent to my own younger brother...he seems to find me a great embarrassment and a trial...

BHCh said...

Thanks, Kate. Give me a few days to think it over. I will have to try and track my quirks.

As for yours...

1. Is Weird with a capital W :)

2. Me too.

3. Made me jump. Has a very different meaning for someone who is used to British English.

5. The primary purpose of high heels is to make the breast and bum stand out. In Russia they wear unbelievably high heels even if it's incredibly icy.

6. Oh, my god! You fancy Middle Ages?

7/8. Yeah.

Anonymous said...

OK. You tell me if I'm quirky.
http://godscopybook.blogs.com/gpb/2008/02/am-i-really-tha.html

Publius

K. Shoshana said...

Shlemazl, I have in fact studied a great deal about the Middle Ages and find them particularly interesting periods perhaps that explains it... anyway, glad you are playing along but I think you are a tad overthinking the quirks...just ask your wife and sons for a list.

BHCh said...

Bad news... My wife identified just two: blogging and buying huge pieces of ham.