Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lost in the supermarket

This is my "what in the earth is wrong with the human race" post of the morning. I lost my Apple earphones for my Ipod shuffle and surfed over to the Apple online store to order a replacement pair. At $39 bucks plus delivery - I’ll pass, but it makes me wonder how stupid do the Apple really think consumers are? The Ipod shuffle is going for $89 and its stretches the bounds of incredibility that almost half of the production cost per unit represents the cost for earphones? This is just one of the reasons that Apple, while often first out the gate, ultimately loses the race.

Then a friend brought me a September 2006 Chatelaine article (no online link) to peruse as it concerns the goings-on at my absolute favourite all-time work-out wear clothes retailer. Considering that I am in full-work out mode and doing cardio five times a week and lifting weights four times a week (heavy weight/short reps) I feel that I deserve comfortable clothes.

The odd thing about my Lulu Lemon wear is that it never stinks and it’s the most incredibly quick drying and comfortable sportswear I have ever worn. Don’t ask me why or how – it just doesn’t ever smell. I was wearing just plain t-shirts, sports bra and jogging pants and not only were my clothes dripping at the end but you could smell me long before you saw me.

Who knew that the management at Lulu Lemon has a somewhat incestuous relationship with a very ESTish-like encounter group thingy happening? I doubt I will stop buying the clothes (at least until I can find a compatible product) but walking through the retailer’s door will now have a certain cringe factor to it and I'll probably not feel a compunction to take off my sunglasses.

No comments: