Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Liberals set to legislate leading horses to water and making them drink

The Liberal government of Ontario has now revealed its two prong stick part of its stay in high school legislation. The truant teenagers and/or their parents can now be fined up to $1000 dollars for truancy but the provincial government is also determined to go after any employer that allows a teenager to work during school hours and fine them up to a $1,000 as well. But the main prong of the provincial government legislation will be the denying of a driver’s license for any 16-18 year old who cannot provide proof of enrolment in secondary school with regular attendance as well or a diploma.

I remember when I was in grade 11 I took this course called “Man in Society”. I could not have cared less about man in society but I did figure it would be an easy course with which to fill up my timetable. Not only was it an easy course but it was taught by a flaming idiot which made it a singularly mind blowing boring experience. Reading the textbook was more entertaining than sitting in the classroom every other day for 90 minutes listening to him pontificate. So that is just what I did. I read the text book and only showed up for tests or when my classmates paid me too. I ended the course with a 95% average (I lost out on the class participation mark) but because of my stunning truancy the prick made me write the final exam. C'est la vie.

Who would have thought that in 2005 I would be denied a driver’s license because I refused to subject myself to blatherings of an idiot. Such is the world we now live in. Though I would be remiss if I didn’t note that the provincial liberals will not be denying a driver’s permit to any teenagers until the secondary school system has fully incorporated a wider selection of courses, the proposed co-op and apprenticeship programs.

In a psychological consistent country rather than a diseased dominion (to quote Mark Steyn) the Toronto Star would never had published this lead into this story as justification for the latest liberal attempt to remake the province’s youth:
Ontario has some American-style tough love in mind to discourage students from quitting high school. Teens who drop out before turning 18 or graduating won't be able to get or keep a driver's licence under what critics are calling "punitive" and "hare-brained" legislation proposed yesterday by Education Minister Gerard Kennedy. The idea, borrowed from several U.S. states, is the final piece of the government's plan to keep more teens in school. It would raise the age for mandatory school attendance to 18 from 16.

All I have to say is that it’s a fine time to follow America’s lead, and why couldn’t we start with something practical – like the second amendment (the right to bear arms) or something basic like property rights instead?

2 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

The right to Arm Bears too!! ;-)

K. Shoshana said...

Bears in Ontario are well armed already by the legislative bambi cultists.