Friday, September 02, 2005

Since when did it become fashionable to hire whiney metrosexuals who cry easily for television news?

Since I got Fox News I rarely watch CNN anymore but I did tune in last night in time to catch Anderson Cooper’s double-billed emotional tirade last night. First he struggles with the tears, and then in a fit of over the top pique he tosses down the mike and walks off camera. A little while later I suppose he either pulls it together or it was pre-taped episode (before the tears) and starts an angry tirade against a Lousianna Senator (D) who had the utter gall to start off her interview by thanking the various officials and congress for coming to the aid of the people of her state.

All of which leads me to several conclusions; Anderson Cooper has never been a marine, he can’t keep his head in a crisis, and he will never be mistaken for a southern man though there others who rather like that kind of over the top behaviour on camera.

6 comments:

SC&A said...

Great post. Poor Cooper- Imagine, being in a disaster zone and an interviewee won't help you spin the right way!

That, and all those refugees- ugh!!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't just CNN.

Fox had Heraldo going balistic every ten or fifteen minutes too.

I actually laughed at their antics, which probably wasn't the effect they were aiming at.

Cheers,
lance

K. Shoshana said...

I can't remember a time when Geraldo didn't go over the edge so I tuned him out years ago but he use to be an oddity, now its the seems to be the norm and that disturbs me.

Gordon Pasha said...

I have also tuned out CNN as I recently got access to Fox. I am not sure what the heck they have Geraldo on for, though O'Reilly seems to be able to reign him in when the two are on together.

Maybe someone should inform Mr. Cooper that this is what a humanitarian disaster is all about. It's a disaster and it ain't pretty. And it can happen almost anywhere. I think Mr. Cooper and others just can't deal with the fact that they are faced with a situation that they cannot control.

LB said...

Hi Kateland...

I see that you are having the same trouble with "fake" comments that I am. Many of the posts say versions of... "Great Site - I'm going to bookmark you. Check out my site at....)

I think I'm going to institute the "type in the hidden word" option to foil these spammers.

Cheers

Lost Budgie

John the Mad said...

Hi Kateland.

Great site. I'll definitely bookmark it. Oh yeah, already have. Never mind. I have some wonderful beaver castors for sale. Visit soon.

Will no one rid us of these meddlesome parasites? Blogdom's equivilent of telephone window salefolk.

Regards