Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Parrish the thought but….

I have once again been held hostage to government bureaucracy and incompetence so I am a few days late and short on adding my two cents on the latest Parnoucement from on low.

Truth be told, I generally try to avoid thinking about the MP from Missisauga-Erindale but my inability to secure a power source left me a tad more reflective and I have to admit that I am slowly starting to develop a grudging admiration for that estrogen deprived harridan of odiousness. Good thing, I am not a Blogging Tory as no doubt they would be sending me to Coventry for expressing that.

I abhor her worldview. There is probably not a single issue where we could ever form a mutual consensus on from Israel to what is the proper time to feed the cat. She represents a great deal of what I feel is wrong with Canada but her constituents not only like her; they have returned her successfully to Parliament in four elections well within margins that can only be described as easy victories.

I have to give credit to the Liberal Party for attracting her because I put her much more at home with the NDP philosophically but she’s a librano and probably one of the more honest ones at that. She’s brass, passionate and historically challenged with chutzpah to spare but if I was one of her constituents; I would not hesitate to bring any problem into her office and if I could convince her of the rightness of my cause, I have no doubt or hesitation that she wouldn’t go to the wall and back for me. How many MP’s can one say that of? I’ve got the original Mr. Metrosexual and if I had to have a librano be my representative in parliament, I’d take the harridan over the metrosexual any day of any given week.

No one can ever accuse her of dithering or not knowing her own mind. She maybe low rent but unlike the Minister responsible for democratic renewal she can’t be bought and no one can accuse her of robbing a Peter to pay a Paul. And this woman can take a few political shots to the head that would have sent a lesser MP running for cover in the corner but she takes her licks with a standing count and comes back swinging – good to go for another round.

If the conservative party is ever to make up a majority in Parliament they need to find representatives that can inspire that same sense of trust and common touch that Parrish inspires and exhibits to her constituents.

No comments: