Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Calling all political policy wonks, bloggers, and/or pundits: Townhall Meeting in Toronto.

I just got this email notice from Lewis Reford, the CPC candidate for Toronto Centre:


Save-a-date Monday July 18th!

On behalf of the Conservative Campaign Team for Toronto Centre, you are cordially invited to a citywide CPC town hall meeting to be held on Monday, July 18, featuring three senior caucus members Monte Solberg (finance critic), Steven Fletcher (health critic) and Peter Van Loan (caucus election chair).

The meeting will be at Metro Council Chambers, 55 John Street, Toronto beginning at 7:30 pm, and all are welcome.

The agenda will address three important issues facing politically-engaged Canadians:
a) Where are we with regard to an election?
b) What is the new Conservative Party about?
c) What is our plan for Canada?

Each MP will take a segment and speak to it for about 10-12 minutes. Then questions will be taken from the audience for about 10-12 minutes.

We look forward to your active participation in this event.


Here’s your chance to have your say, and meet Monte, no offensive to Lewis Reford, but I still wish Monte ran in my riding – hey, Monte Blogs! And any man in a wheelchair that is ready, willing and able to take it outside any time is my kind of man. That kind of scored points with the son as well – I think because it reminded him of better days with his Dad. I asked the Montana if he wanted to go with me, and all he wanted to know is, if there would be food. I fudged a little and told him probably, or at least donuts...I may have to remember to bring the donuts.

3 comments:

Chris Taylor said...

The important question today is, will the a/c be able to cope? Nothing worse than showing up nicely-dressed to some kind of policy wonkery only to find out that it's about a million humid degrees in the meeting room. Food would be a plus but I tend to doubt it will be present.

K. Shoshana said...

Since there seems to be some kind of shortage which I really can't quite understand, the a/c will no doubt be set to very low. You'll have to let me know. I had a "run-in" with very old lady with extremely poor vision who managed to ram her cart into my knee. Currently, its the size of one of those seedless watermelons and there is no end in sight to either the pain or its size.

Chris Taylor said...

That was probably my grandmother. Sorry . =P Hope you're feeling better soon.