Friday, May 26, 2006

To think if I went to the Gym, I would have lived in ignorance

I am feeling weak and woozie at this moment. The Butcher of Prague has been working his magic on a lower molar for a while now. All the time prophesizing that a day dark would dawn when there would be nothing else to do submit to a root canal. The day came last night and I was lucky to catch him just before he left for out of town. But he had hit the vodka before he left the office, and despite my very generous offer to share his bottle with him - he was not willing to do any work...something about technique and ethics...and this from a Czech who knows how to hold a grudge while he pulled teeth from the mouths of Russian soldiers without freezing.

My habit on Friday night is to hit the gym after work, but I really think if I attempted my workout I would go into cardiac arrest. Instead, I opted to float home. The youngest is at some kind of school basketball tournament and won’t be home till after 9pm. Thank the heavens, that the man is bigger than me and not on codeine, so he can pick up the one child that I swear brings out the inner pedophile in my neighborhood.

I really didn’t realize till now how cruel children truly are till now. I am being held captive in the living room and they have insisted on watching Much Music. Currently, there is some kind of “heatness” competition between Gwen Stefani and the Sank of the Ages. Can you believe that Madonna beat Gwen Stefani? Gwen Stefani! The only way I can make sense of it; is to think that Madonna’s bought shares or is on the board of MuchMusic. Or just maybe the End of Days is finally upon us.

No comments: