Monday, November 22, 2004

"The Lady doth protest too much, me thinks".

Blogs by nature are peculiar things and are no more or less whatever the blogger desires them to be. Some are devoted to this or that hobby, some are political, others cultural, some are a mix of this and that, and others are the seemingly "private" musings of an online journal. No matter the blog, what we should never do is presume the blogger is the blog - for this is nothing but the folly of the daft.

I was going to blog a defense of a fellow Red Ensign Blogger after another blogger decided that she was unduly slogged off because her comments were deleted from a post at Ghost of a Flea but Babbling Brooks and the Monger have enacted an effective pincher maneuver and there is very little left to be said except that hell hath no fury like a woman blogger scorned....

Nor should anyone presume that commenting on anyone’s blog is a "right" and there is no "right of entitlement" to communicate your two cents to the blogging classes on a fellow blogger’s comment section. In the spirit of enlightenment, I would direct the reader to my own bloggy code:

All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless otherwise indicated. Please note that postings to the comments section may be edited or deleted for racism, defamatory content or just because I don’t like you.

2 comments:

Babbling Brooks said...

At first I thought Theresa had misinterpreted some of the posts and comments, and so I e-mailed her and commented on her site gently suggesting she tone down her rhetoric. I'm now beginning to believe she's just looking to provoke a fight - for what purpose I don't know.

And I have to admit it's really bugging me, because her blog is otherwise quite a good read.

Darcey said...

Thanks for the "calming".