Thursday, June 08, 2006

Talk about harpooning oneself in the mouth

It is probably long past time that I just put up and shut up on this, but I really can’t help myself when I read things like this (taken from a Toronto Star editorial):
Dalton McGuinty said it best. He found the alleged Toronto terrorist plot to be both "unsettling and reassuring," the latter because law enforcement agencies have done their job, removing what has been described as Canada's greatest terrorism threat.

“Canada’s greatest terrorism threat” – the 17 wannabe mujahideen arrested last weekend? If so, there is not a thing to really worry about, we are all sitting pretty safe and sound. I have seen street-level crack dealers who are better armed than these guys were – on our streets and in our cities.

No comments: