Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Yes but.....

Anyone who has been reading me for awhile knows I am a little skeptical over the 'global warming – we are all going to die' scenario. I don’t mean to be cynical and its not that I am against conservation in principle. It is just when I started school 39 years ago we were all going to die because the sun was going to burn out and the earth would enter into a new ice age from which we would never recover.

Then I was taught we didn’t need to worry about ice ages because we were all going to die via the famine the population explosion would induce. Then I was taught we didn’t need to worry about the population explosion and worldwide famine because we were all going to die in either the first blast of a nuclear bomb or in the aftermath of the nuclear winter. Excuse me, but I am a trifle fearmongered out, so news of the latest green initiative by any government agency, anywhere, really bores me.

Now I am the mailing list of The Israel Project and I received a copy of a press release issue issued by the Washington, DC, Israeli Ambassador Sallai Meridor announcing diplomatic vehicles will be switched to Hybrid-Electric ones.
WASHINGTON – Israel has announced that starting this fall, it will significantly reduce the petroleum consumption of its senior diplomats in the United States by switching to hybrid-electric vehicles. The symbolic initiative, led by Israel’s Ambassador to the United States, Sallai Meridor, will include Israel’s embassy in Washington, its nine consulates throughout the U.S. and its mission to the United Nations, making Israel’s foreign service among the first in the U.S. to significantly reduce oil demand throughout its entire official fleet.

"Reducing oil dependence and protecting the environment are key factors in improving international security," Meridor said. “We are proud to be among the first countries to take this small but symbolic step. Our hope is that many small steps taken together will lead to major policy action around the world that will address one of the most critical strategic and environmental issues facing our common future.”

Yadda, yadda, which is all well and good, but what I want to know is; what kinds of cars the Mossad will be driving?

3 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

100mph Priuses?

Michael said...

what I want to know is; what kinds of cars the Mossad will be driving?

If they tell you, won't they have to kill you?

K. Shoshana said...

Possibly...or maybe I'll have to be recruited...I think it all depends on the car.